Visit the former Lord Protector's family home, the only residence still in existence other than Hampton Court. Experience what domestic life would have been like in the 17th Century in a variety of re-created period rooms as well as an exhibition detailing the English Civil Wars. Visit Mrs Cromwell's Kitchen, try dressing-up or playing with the toys of the time and venture into the Haunted Bedroom if you dare!
For younger visitors we have a Children's Trail to help you explore the House, just ask at the admission's desk. Don't forget the dressing up clothes, armour and toys from the age!
Audio handsets bring the story of this impressive House to life. Guided tours and group visits welcome; please refer to our Groups Section.
The House also doubles as the Tourist Information Centre and has a delightful Gift Shop full of gift ideas as well as souvenirs relating to Cromwell and the area. So check out our website www.visitely.org.uk and let us help plan your visit or call 01353 662062 for further information.
Please note, that on occasions we have to close or delay general admissions due to pre-booked groups. Therefore, we advise you to contact us in advance to ensure that your visit will not effected.
We aim to provide an excellent service to all visitors and continually strive to improve. Located in the reception area of Oliver Cromwell's House is Ely's Tourist Information Centre which provides comprehensive information on Ely and the surrounding area as well as regional and national leaflets and brochures.
- Our E-mail address is email@example.com
- Telephone number 01353 662062
- A Hearing Loop is available in the Tourist Information Centre
- Radar toilet facilities are available at Barton Road Car Park, Cloisters, Market Place, Ely, Ship Lane Car Park, Ely. Radar keys can be purchased from the Tourist Information Centre.
- The nearest Shop Mobility scheme is at the Ely Museum, The Old Gaol, Ely, CB7 4LS Tel: 01353 666655. The scheme operates Thurs - Fri - Sat 10.30 - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
- Taxis are available from Market Street, Ely or Ely Train Station
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We do not have parking facilities at Oliver Cromwell's House
- We have a disabled bay which is 10 metres from Oliver Cromwell's House
- The nearest free short stay public car park is 250 metres away at St Mary's Street, Ely.
- The nearest long stay public car park is 500 meters away at Barton's Road. The routes from the car parks are along pavements which ares mooth, flat and level.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance to Oliver Cromwell's House is at ground level and has easy wheelchair access.
- A Hearing Loop is on the reception counter.
Public Areas & Attraction
- A Hearing Loop on the counter in the Tourist Information Centre (attraction reception)
- Wheelchair access to Parlour (1st room attraction, introduction video)
- Wheelchair access to medieval kitchen (portable ramp)
- Interactive kiosk on ground floor level
- No chair lift available due to nature of building.
- Hand rails installed to help with any steps/stairs within the building
- Written audio commentary available on request
- Large print copy of the Oliver Cromwell's House guide available
- Seating in all rooms of the attraction
Public Areas - WC
- Nearest public wheelchair accessible toilet within 500 meters of Oliver Cromwell's House
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- Not available, but facilities a short walk away.
- Wheelchair access to the shop, which is in the Tourist Information Centre.
- The Hearing Loop is on the counter in the gift shop.
- Services dogs are welcome.
- We operate a no smoking policy.
- There is no background music or tannoy apart from then introductory video
- Address: 29 St Mary's Street, Ely, CB7 4HF
- Telephone: 01353 662062
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: 1 April - 31 October 10.00 - 5.00 daily including Saturday, Sunday and Bank holiday
- 1 November - 31 March 11.00 - 4.00 Monday - Sundays
- Closed 25th & 26th December and 1st January. Open Easter
- Telephone numbers for wheelchair accessible taxis: Fencabs 01353 669966, A10 Taxis 01353 661010, Alan's Taxis 01353 667518
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01353 662062 or email email@example.com